Sodium Metabisulphite acts as a potent antimicrobial compound, giving effective prevention of biological spoilage. In addition to this its antioxidant properties confer increased physical stability and prolonged shelf life to beer.
This reducing action is also important in achieving optimum conditions for the action of protease chillproofing enzymes when these are used.
- Approved for use in food and beverage products
- Prevents microorganisms from growing and reproducing
- Prevents biological spoilage
- Has antioxidant properties
- Increases the stability and prolongs shelf life of wine, cider and beer
- Can be used for the removal of free chlorine in tap water which can cause chlorophenolic off flavours in beer
We stock 1kg, 2kg, 5kg & 25kg bags of Sodium Metabisulphite.
|Download Data Sheets|