Cart is empty
Our largest Grainfather yet, made from stainless steel and excellent build quality. This is a complete unit including wort chiller. There is no accessory kit needed.
- - The unit has a 70l capacity with a conical base and can take 17kg’s of malt.
- - The stainless steel is robust and build quality excellent (the unit weighs 47kg’s boxed, so it’s a lot of Grainfather!).
- - Wifi controlled. Seamless ties in with the updated Grainfather Community app. The user can create their own recipe or browse thousands of user submitted ones. Normal features like delayed start in app so strike water can be heated in advance.
- - Two stage false bottom – the conical base allows a false bottom with an inner collar to sit in the recess of the base. I’ve personally tested this with 600g’s of hops and saw a full flow through the pump. This is very, very effective.
- - Bottom drain below the false bottom so almost no dead space.
- - Bespoke 3.kWh concealed element – We’ve made the absolute most out of the power available to us. The element covers around 80% of the base and is mounted using a thermal paste, rather than braised. This moves the heat efficiently upwards, losing very little to where it’s not needed and as it’s spread in such a wide area, scorching will be very unlikely (also most solids settle on the false bottom, so won’t touch the elements anyway). Being concealed, it’s super easy to clean too.
- - Convenient side entry recirculation. Rather than up and over, we’ve built a port into the side of the unit which means if the pump is accidently switch on, it will fire the wort just to the other side of the unit, rather than straight up. The recirc pipe has a push fit, so couldn’t be easier to install or remove.
- - Ball value for sampling/draining. This runs in line with the pump so is particularly helpful when draining the cleaning water. It fires out at a rate of knots and empties the unit in no time.
- - Sight glass with clean-in-place (CIP) solution. This is really useful when sparging. Rather than relying on water calcs, you can just sparge until you reach pre-boil volume. The cap can be replaced with the included hose barb so you can connect the recirc pipe and flush the sight glass while cleaning.
- - Rolled edge filter plates. These mean the silicone seals are no longer required. They have a really smooth finish and plates themselves feel really robust and wearing. The shape of the G70 is a little different – it’s much wider and not that much taller than the standard Grainfather so we’ve seen comparatively quick draining from the basket, and less likelihood of stuck sparges as the draining surface area is bigger.
- - Safety aspects including locked in support ring, heavy duty, no slip brackets to on the grain basket and protection from knocking the ball valve open.
- - Lifting bar with winch lifting hook. Make no mistake, this is a 2 person lift without a winch!
- - Huge wort chiller. This works an absolute treat. There is a more powerful pump, a very efficient false bottom and a bigger wort chiller, so in my experience, cooling times are about the same as the 30l Grainfather, despite the volume being more than double. Due to the size, this will need to be positioned away from the G70, so longer silicone tubing is attached as standard.
- - Heavy duty handles on G70 body. Also handle on glass lid.
- - Includes dust cover and tap connections.
- - This is a complete unit including wort chiller. There is no accessory kit needed.
- - 3 year Grainfather warranty.